Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, April 12, 2013 at 00:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 00:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.55 meters/second, 1557.2 km/hour, 967.6 miles/hour or 840.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.13 mi||west||0° 00' 06.8"||0.13 mi||north||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.1"||967.42 mi||west||0° 06' 53.3"||7.90 mi||north||967.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 06.1"||770.80 mi||east||2° 22' 37.8"||163.48 mi||north||783.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 2:28 PM||1368 km||850 miles||739 nm||ENE|
|Midway||Thu 1:28 PM||1621 km||1007 miles||875 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:28 PM||1877 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:28 PM||2013 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Fri 12:28 PM||2317 km||1440 miles||1251 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 12:28 PM||2494 km||1550 miles||1347 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Fri 12:28 PM||2579 km||1602 miles||1393 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:28 PM||2771 km||1722 miles||1496 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:28 PM||2952 km||1834 miles||1594 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 12:28 PM||3162 km||1965 miles||1707 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.