Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 12, 2013 at 12:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 00:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.51 meters/second, 1557.0 km/hour, 967.5 miles/hour or 840.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 06.8"||0.13 mi||North||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.0"||967.27 mi||West||0° 06' 52.6"||7.88 mi||North||967.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 08.7"||770.73 mi||East||2° 22' 19.8"||163.13 mi||North||783.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Thu 1:38 PM||1518 km||943 miles||820 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 2:38 PM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:38 PM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 12:38 PM||2091 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:38 PM||2177 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Fri 12:38 PM||2317 km||1439 miles||1251 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Fri 12:38 PM||2354 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:38 PM||2765 km||1718 miles||1493 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:38 PM||2861 km||1778 miles||1545 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Fri 12:38 PM||2971 km||1846 miles||1604 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.