Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, April 12, 2013 at 01:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 01:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.30 meters/second, 1556.3 km/hour, 967.0 miles/hour or 840.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.12 mi||west||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||north||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.4"||966.86 mi||west||0° 06' 48.5"||7.81 mi||north||966.62 mi|
|24 hours||348° 25' 37.2"||770.68 mi||west||2° 20' 36.8"||161.17 mi||north||782.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 1:28 PM||1080 km||671 miles||583 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Fri 1:28 PM||1090 km||678 miles||589 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 2:28 PM||1536 km||954 miles||829 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:28 PM||1620 km||1007 miles||875 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:28 PM||1901 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:28 PM||2064 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Fri 12:28 PM||2187 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:28 PM||2703 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:28 PM||2812 km||1747 miles||1518 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:28 PM||3106 km||1930 miles||1677 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.