Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 12, 2013 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.28 meters/second, 1556.2 km/hour, 967.0 miles/hour or 840.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||North||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.3"||966.75 mi||West||0° 06' 48.2"||7.80 mi||North||966.51 mi|
|24 hours||348° 25' 35.8"||770.61 mi||West||2° 20' 27.0"||160.97 mi||North||782.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 1:34 PM||964 km||599 miles||520 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Fri 1:34 PM||1033 km||642 miles||558 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 2:34 PM||1592 km||989 miles||859 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:34 PM||1599 km||993 miles||863 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:34 PM||1961 km||1218 miles||1059 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:34 PM||2005 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Fri 12:34 PM||2073 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:34 PM||2724 km||1692 miles||1471 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:34 PM||2933 km||1823 miles||1584 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:34 PM||3169 km||1969 miles||1711 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.