Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, April 12, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.07 meters/second, 1555.5 km/hour, 966.5 miles/hour or 839.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.11 mi||west||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||north||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.6"||966.29 mi||west||0° 06' 44.2"||7.72 mi||north||966.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 37.8"||770.51 mi||east||2° 18' 45.8"||159.04 mi||north||782.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 2:24 PM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Fri 1:24 PM||1110 km||690 miles||600 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 2:24 PM||1324 km||823 miles||715 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 2:24 PM||1865 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Fri 2:24 PM||1946 km||1209 miles||1051 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 12:24 PM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||W|
|Midway||Thu 3:24 PM||2454 km||1525 miles||1325 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Fri 1:24 PM||2812 km||1748 miles||1519 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:24 PM||2856 km||1774 miles||1542 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Fri 11:24 AM||3182 km||1977 miles||1718 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.