Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 12, 2013 at 2:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 02:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.99 meters/second, 1555.2 km/hour, 966.3 miles/hour or 839.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.3"||966.10 mi||West||0° 06' 42.6"||7.69 mi||North||965.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 43.2"||770.46 mi||East||2° 18' 05.1"||158.26 mi||North||782.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Fri 1:44 PM||990 km||615 miles||535 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Fri 2:44 PM||992 km||617 miles||536 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 12:44 PM||1451 km||902 miles||784 nm||W|
|Majuro||Fri 2:44 PM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Fri 2:44 PM||2064 km||1282 miles||1114 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Fri 2:44 PM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Fri 11:44 AM||2709 km||1683 miles||1463 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Fri 1:44 PM||2807 km||1744 miles||1516 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Fri 11:44 AM||2851 km||1772 miles||1540 nm||NW|
|Midway||Thu 3:44 PM||2877 km||1788 miles||1554 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.