Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 12, 2013 at 3:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.87 meters/second, 1554.7 km/hour, 966.1 miles/hour or 839.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.0"||965.82 mi||West||0° 06' 40.2"||7.65 mi||North||965.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 51.3"||770.40 mi||East||2° 17' 04.1"||157.10 mi||North||781.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Fri 1:14 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||W|
|Hagåtña||Fri 1:14 PM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Fri 2:14 PM||1283 km||797 miles||693 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Fri 3:14 PM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Fri 12:14 PM||1987 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Fri 12:14 PM||2322 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Fri 12:14 PM||2432 km||1511 miles||1313 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Fri 12:14 PM||2449 km||1522 miles||1323 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Fri 3:14 PM||2452 km||1524 miles||1324 nm||ESE|
|Nagoya||Fri 12:14 PM||2539 km||1578 miles||1371 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.