Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, April 12, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.86 meters/second, 1554.7 km/hour, 966.0 miles/hour or 839.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.10 mi||west||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||north||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.0"||965.81 mi||west||0° 06' 40.1"||7.64 mi||north||965.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 51.5"||770.40 mi||east||2° 17' 01.8"||157.06 mi||north||781.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Fri 1:14 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||W|
|Hagåtña||Fri 1:14 PM||673 km||418 miles||363 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Fri 2:14 PM||1303 km||810 miles||704 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Fri 3:14 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Fri 12:14 PM||1962 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Fri 12:14 PM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Fri 12:14 PM||2416 km||1501 miles||1304 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Fri 12:14 PM||2437 km||1514 miles||1316 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Fri 3:14 PM||2458 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||ESE|
|Nagoya||Fri 12:14 PM||2524 km||1568 miles||1363 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.