Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 12, 2013 at 3:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.78 meters/second, 1554.4 kilometres/hour, 965.9 miles/hour or 839.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.7"||965.64 mi||West||0° 06' 38.6"||7.61 mi||North||965.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 56.7"||770.35 mi||East||2° 16' 23.3"||156.32 mi||North||781.57 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Fri 1:34 PM||86 km||54 miles||47 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Fri 1:34 PM||302 km||188 miles||163 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Fri 12:34 PM||1544 km||960 miles||834 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Fri 2:34 PM||1669 km||1037 miles||901 nm||SE|
|Jayapura||Fri 12:34 PM||2125 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 3:34 PM||2231 km||1386 miles||1204 nm||ENE|
|Yokohama||Fri 12:34 PM||2249 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Fri 12:34 PM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||NNW|
|Manokwari||Fri 12:34 PM||2272 km||1411 miles||1227 nm||SW|
|Nagoya||Fri 12:34 PM||2309 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.