Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 12, 2013 at 7:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 07:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.85 meters/second, 1551.1 km/hour, 963.8 miles/hour or 837.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||North||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.8"||963.55 mi||West||0° 06' 19.9"||7.26 mi||North||963.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 56.2"||769.83 mi||East||2° 08' 30.6"||147.30 mi||North||779.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Fri 12:54 PM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||SSE|
|Yangon||Fri 1:54 PM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||E|
|Bhubaneshwar||Fri 12:54 PM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||NW|
|Chittagong||Fri 1:24 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||NNE|
|Kolkata||Fri 12:54 PM||714 km||444 miles||386 nm||NNW|
|Khulna||Fri 1:24 PM||716 km||445 miles||387 nm||N|
|Naypyidaw||Fri 1:54 PM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||ENE|
|Visakhapatnam||Fri 12:54 PM||762 km||473 miles||411 nm||WNW|
|Dhaka||Fri 1:24 PM||812 km||505 miles||439 nm||N|
|Durgapur||Fri 12:54 PM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.