Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 12, 2013 at 7:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 07:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.77 meters/second, 1550.8 km/hour, 963.6 miles/hour or 837.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||North||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.6"||963.37 mi||West||0° 06' 18.2"||7.23 mi||North||963.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 01.2"||769.78 mi||East||2° 07' 49.3"||146.50 mi||North||779.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Visakhapatnam||Fri 1:14 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||WNW|
|Kakinada||Fri 1:14 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||W|
|Bhubaneshwar||Fri 1:14 PM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||N|
|Chennai||Fri 1:14 PM||664 km||413 miles||359 nm||WSW|
|Hyderabad||Fri 1:14 PM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||W|
|Kolkata||Fri 1:14 PM||749 km||466 miles||405 nm||NNE|
|Durgapur||Fri 1:14 PM||809 km||502 miles||437 nm||NNE|
|Khulna||Fri 1:44 PM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||NNE|
|Nãgpur||Fri 1:14 PM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||NW|
|Anantapur||Fri 1:14 PM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.