Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 12, 2013 at 12:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 12:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.64 meters/second, 1546.7 km/hour, 961.1 miles/hour or 835.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.1"||960.82 mi||West||0° 05' 54.2"||6.77 mi||North||960.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 09.7"||769.06 mi||East||1° 57' 42.3"||134.91 mi||North||776.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Moussoro||Fri 1:34 PM||386 km||240 miles||209 nm||SSE|
|Faya-Largeau||Fri 1:34 PM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||ENE|
|Ndjamena||Fri 1:34 PM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||S|
|Maiduguri||Fri 1:34 PM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||SSW|
|Mongo||Fri 1:34 PM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||SE|
|Fada||Fri 1:34 PM||677 km||421 miles||365 nm||E|
|Abéché||Fri 1:34 PM||691 km||429 miles||373 nm||ESE|
|Zinder||Fri 1:34 PM||753 km||468 miles||407 nm||WSW|
|Arlit||Fri 1:34 PM||855 km||532 miles||462 nm||WNW|
|Garoua||Fri 1:34 PM||865 km||538 miles||467 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.