Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 12, 2013 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.41 meters/second, 1545.9 km/hour, 960.6 miles/hour or 834.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.4"||960.31 mi||West||0° 05' 49.1"||6.67 mi||North||960.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 23.1"||768.90 mi||East||1° 55' 35.4"||132.49 mi||North||776.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dori||Fri 1:34 PM||340 km||211 miles||183 nm||SSW|
|Timbuktu||Fri 1:34 PM||397 km||247 miles||215 nm||W|
|Niamey||Fri 2:34 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 1:34 PM||508 km||315 miles||274 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 1:34 PM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||S|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 1:34 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Fri 1:34 PM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||SSW|
|Sokoto||Fri 2:34 PM||654 km||407 miles||353 nm||SE|
|Kandi||Fri 2:34 PM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||SSE|
|Arlit||Fri 2:34 PM||733 km||455 miles||396 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.