Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, April 12, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.21 meters/second, 1545.2 km/hour, 960.1 miles/hour or 834.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.00 mi||west||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||north||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 02.8"||959.94 mi||west||0° 05' 44.8"||6.59 mi||north||959.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 34.0"||768.82 mi||east||1° 53' 46.9"||130.43 mi||north||775.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Fri 2:24 PM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||N|
|Tambacounda||Fri 2:24 PM||427 km||265 miles||230 nm||SSW|
|Rosso||Fri 2:24 PM||447 km||278 miles||241 nm||W|
|Nouakchott||Fri 2:24 PM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||WNW|
|Touba||Fri 2:24 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||WSW|
|Saint-Louis||Fri 2:24 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||WSW|
|Farafenni||Fri 2:24 PM||575 km||358 miles||311 nm||SW|
|Gabú||Fri 2:24 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||SSW|
|Thiès||Fri 2:24 PM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||WSW|
|Bamako||Fri 2:24 PM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.