Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 12, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 429.14 meters/second, 1544.9 kilometres/hour, 960.0 miles/hour or 834.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||North||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 02.5"||959.71 mi||West||0° 05' 43.2"||6.56 mi||North||959.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 38.1"||768.72 mi||East||1° 53' 06.7"||129.65 mi||North||775.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rosso||Fri 2:44 PM||81 km||50 miles||44 nm||SSE|
|Nouakchott||Fri 2:44 PM||109 km||68 miles||59 nm||NNE|
|Saint-Louis||Fri 2:44 PM||125 km||78 miles||68 nm||SSW|
|Touba||Fri 2:44 PM||253 km||157 miles||136 nm||S|
|Thiès||Fri 2:44 PM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||SSW|
|Dakar||Fri 2:44 PM||301 km||187 miles||162 nm||SSW|
|Farafenni||Fri 2:44 PM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||S|
|Banjul||Fri 2:44 PM||408 km||254 miles||221 nm||S|
|Serekunda||Fri 2:44 PM||411 km||255 miles||222 nm||S|
|Nouadhibou||Fri 2:44 PM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.