Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 12, 2013 at 9:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 21:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.65 meters/second, 1539.5 km/hour, 956.6 miles/hour or 831.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.94 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.94 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.2"||956.36 mi||West||0° 05' 07.8"||5.88 mi||North||956.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 56.1"||767.53 mi||East||1° 38' 25.5"||112.83 mi||North||772.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Vallarta *||Fri 4:34 PM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||ENE|
|Mazatlan *||Fri 3:34 PM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara *||Fri 4:34 PM||1309 km||814 miles||707 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 2:34 PM||1336 km||830 miles||721 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes *||Fri 4:34 PM||1449 km||900 miles||782 nm||ENE|
|Leon *||Fri 4:34 PM||1490 km||926 miles||804 nm||ENE|
|San Luis Potosi *||Fri 4:34 PM||1588 km||987 miles||857 nm||ENE|
|Tijuana *||Fri 2:34 PM||1645 km||1022 miles||888 nm||N|
|Mexicali *||Fri 2:34 PM||1650 km||1025 miles||891 nm||N|
|Acapulco *||Fri 4:34 PM||1655 km||1028 miles||894 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.