Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.63 meters/second, 1535.9 km/hour, 954.4 miles/hour or 829.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.4"||954.08 mi||West||0° 04' 41.3"||5.38 mi||North||953.89 mi|
|24 hours||348° 20' 18.4"||766.57 mi||West||1° 27' 30.4"||100.31 mi||North||769.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 2:34 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Sat 2:34 PM||1227 km||762 miles||662 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 3:34 PM||1555 km||966 miles||840 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Sat 2:34 PM||1855 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||S|
|Palikir||Sat 1:34 PM||1949 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sat 2:34 PM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:34 PM||2353 km||1462 miles||1271 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 12:34 PM||2962 km||1840 miles||1599 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 2:34 PM||3055 km||1898 miles||1650 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Fri 4:34 PM||3174 km||1972 miles||1714 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.