Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 8:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 08:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.54 meters/second, 1531.9 km/hour, 951.9 miles/hour or 827.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.4"||951.63 mi||West||0° 04' 10.0"||4.78 mi||North||951.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 20.3"||765.36 mi||East||1° 14' 37.2"||85.54 mi||North||767.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puri||Sat 1:54 PM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||NW|
|Jagatsinghpur||Sat 1:54 PM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||NNW|
|Kendrapara||Sat 1:54 PM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||NNW|
|Bhubaneshwar||Sat 1:54 PM||242 km||150 miles||130 nm||NW|
|Bhubaneswar||Sat 1:54 PM||242 km||150 miles||130 nm||NW|
|Visakhapatnam||Sat 1:54 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||WSW|
|Howrah||Sat 1:54 PM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||NNE|
|Kolkata||Sat 1:54 PM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||NNE|
|Khulna||Sat 2:24 PM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||NNE|
|Durgapur||Sat 1:54 PM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.