Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 5:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 17:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.23 meters/second, 1527.2 km/hour, 949.0 miles/hour or 824.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||South||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 20.4"||948.70 mi||West||0° 03' 19.2"||3.81 mi||South||948.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 10.5"||743.91 mi||East||1° 43' 24.5"||118.53 mi||South||757.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Tue 5:16 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||SE|
|Tidjikja||Tue 5:16 PM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||W|
|Bamako||Tue 5:16 PM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||SSW|
|Ouahigouya||Tue 5:16 PM||760 km||472 miles||410 nm||SE|
|Koutiala||Tue 5:16 PM||762 km||474 miles||412 nm||S|
|Sikasso||Tue 5:16 PM||878 km||545 miles||474 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Tue 5:16 PM||888 km||551 miles||479 nm||SSE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Tue 5:16 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Tue 5:16 PM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||SE|
|Tambacounda||Tue 5:16 PM||973 km||605 miles||525 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.