Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.41 meters/second, 1527.9 km/hour, 949.4 miles/hour or 825.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.82 mi||west||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||south||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.5"||949.10 mi||west||0° 03' 25.4"||3.93 mi||south||949.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 42.0"||743.69 mi||east||1° 45' 46.5"||121.25 mi||south||757.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa Maria||Tue 5:26 PM||286 km||178 miles||155 nm||SSE|
|Mindelo||Tue 5:26 PM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||SSW|
|Praia||Tue 5:26 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||S|
|Nouadhibou||Tue 6:26 PM||699 km||434 miles||377 nm||ENE|
|Nouakchott||Tue 6:26 PM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||E|
|Dakar||Tue 6:26 PM||809 km||502 miles||437 nm||SE|
|Thiès||Tue 6:26 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||SE|
|Rosso||Tue 6:26 PM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||ESE|
|Dakhla||Tue 6:26 PM||927 km||576 miles||501 nm||NE|
|Touba||Tue 6:26 PM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.