Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 5:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 05:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.20 meters/second, 1534.3 km/hour, 953.4 miles/hour or 828.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 32.2"||953.12 mi||West||0° 04' 20.2"||4.97 mi||South||953.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 25.3"||742.01 mi||East||2° 06' 48.8"||145.35 mi||South||760.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Tue 6:02 PM||1080 km||671 miles||583 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Wed 5:02 PM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||W|
|Majuro||Wed 5:02 PM||1750 km||1087 miles||945 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:02 PM||2023 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Tue 7:02 PM||2069 km||1286 miles||1117 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Wed 5:02 PM||2157 km||1340 miles||1165 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Wed 5:02 PM||2714 km||1686 miles||1465 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 7:02 PM||2857 km||1775 miles||1543 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Wed 4:02 PM||2940 km||1827 miles||1588 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 5:02 PM||3007 km||1869 miles||1624 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.