Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 11:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.36 meters/second, 1538.5 km/hour, 956.0 miles/hour or 830.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 04.7"||0.09 mi||South||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.4"||955.73 mi||West||0° 04' 50.5"||5.55 mi||South||955.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 05.4"||741.39 mi||East||2° 18' 19.9"||158.54 mi||South||762.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yangon||Wed 5:32 PM||152 km||95 miles||82 nm||SSE|
|Naypyidaw||Wed 5:32 PM||205 km||128 miles||111 nm||NNE|
|Mawlamyine||Wed 5:32 PM||285 km||177 miles||154 nm||SE|
|Chiang Mai||Wed 6:02 PM||384 km||238 miles||207 nm||ENE|
|Mandalay||Wed 5:32 PM||445 km||277 miles||241 nm||N|
|Dawei||Wed 5:32 PM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||SE|
|Nakhon Sawan||Wed 6:02 PM||561 km||348 miles||303 nm||ESE|
|Chittagong||Wed 5:02 PM||609 km||379 miles||329 nm||NW|
|Bangkok||Wed 6:02 PM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||SE|
|Luang Prabang||Wed 6:02 PM||735 km||456 miles||397 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.