Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 00:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.28 meters/second, 1549.0 km/hour, 962.5 miles/hour or 836.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||South||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.8"||962.28 mi||West||0° 05' 55.8"||6.80 mi||South||962.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 20.9"||741.04 mi||East||2° 43' 06.4"||186.91 mi||South||769.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco *||Wed 7:32 PM||88 km||54 miles||47 nm||E|
|Cuernavaca *||Wed 7:32 PM||282 km||176 miles||153 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City *||Wed 7:32 PM||334 km||208 miles||180 nm||NNE|
|Puebla *||Wed 7:32 PM||363 km||225 miles||196 nm||NE|
|Colima *||Wed 7:32 PM||419 km||261 miles||226 nm||NW|
|Querétaro *||Wed 7:32 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||N|
|Oaxaca *||Wed 7:32 PM||424 km||264 miles||229 nm||E|
|Santa María Huatulco *||Wed 7:32 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||ESE|
|Leon *||Wed 7:32 PM||490 km||304 miles||264 nm||NNW|
|Guadalajara *||Wed 7:32 PM||511 km||318 miles||276 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.