Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 6:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 06:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.68 meters/second, 1554.1 km/hour, 965.6 miles/hour or 839.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 57.3"||965.43 mi||West||0° 06' 23.5"||7.33 mi||South||965.71 mi|
|24 hours||348° 50' 25.6"||741.41 mi||West||2° 53' 34.7"||198.90 mi||South||772.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 6:32 PM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Thu 6:32 PM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 6:32 PM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||S|
|Midway||Wed 7:32 PM||1715 km||1066 miles||926 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Thu 5:32 PM||1833 km||1139 miles||990 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Thu 6:32 PM||1937 km||1203 miles||1046 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 6:32 PM||2168 km||1347 miles||1170 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Thu 6:32 PM||2842 km||1766 miles||1534 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 4:32 PM||2958 km||1838 miles||1597 nm||W|
|Honiara||Thu 5:32 PM||3134 km||1947 miles||1692 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.