Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 11:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 11:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 432.89 meters/second, 1558.4 kilometres/hour, 968.3 miles/hour or 841.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||South||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 01.5"||968.13 mi||West||0° 06' 46.0"||7.76 mi||South||968.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 17.4"||742.00 mi||East||3° 02' 02.3"||208.58 mi||South||775.69 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nakhon Sawan||Thu 6:32 PM||74 km||46 miles||40 nm||E|
|Kanchanaburi||Thu 6:32 PM||179 km||111 miles||97 nm||S|
|Mawlamyine||Thu 6:02 PM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||WNW|
|Dawei||Thu 6:02 PM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||SW|
|Bangkok||Thu 6:32 PM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||SSE|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Thu 6:32 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||ESE|
|Pattaya||Thu 6:32 PM||338 km||210 miles||183 nm||SSE|
|Chiang Mai||Thu 6:32 PM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||N|
|Khon Kaen||Thu 6:32 PM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||ENE|
|Yangon||Thu 6:02 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.