Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.17 meters/second, 1559.4 km/hour, 969.0 miles/hour or 842.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||South||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 02.5"||968.76 mi||West||0° 06' 51.2"||7.86 mi||South||969.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 01.2"||742.17 mi||East||3° 03' 58.5"||210.80 mi||South||776.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kakinada||Thu 6:12 PM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||N|
|Tadepalligudem||Thu 6:12 PM||177 km||110 miles||96 nm||NW|
|Rajahmundry||Thu 6:12 PM||183 km||113 miles||99 nm||NNW|
|Eluru||Thu 6:12 PM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||NW|
|Vijayawada||Thu 6:12 PM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||WNW|
|Guntur||Thu 6:12 PM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||WNW|
|Visakhapatnam||Thu 6:12 PM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||NNE|
|Chennai||Thu 6:12 PM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||SW|
|Hyderabad||Thu 6:12 PM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||WNW|
|Kurnool||Thu 6:12 PM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.