Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 6:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 18:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.60 meters/second, 1564.6 km/hour, 972.2 miles/hour or 844.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.8"||971.98 mi||West||0° 07' 16.6"||8.34 mi||South||972.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 06' 51.3"||743.27 mi||East||3° 13' 27.1"||221.64 mi||South||780.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ouahigouya||Thu 6:32 PM||139 km||86 miles||75 nm||S|
|Timbuktu||Thu 6:32 PM||229 km||142 miles||123 nm||NNW|
|Dori||Thu 6:32 PM||259 km||161 miles||140 nm||ESE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 6:32 PM||284 km||177 miles||154 nm||SSE|
|Koudougou||Thu 6:32 PM||285 km||177 miles||154 nm||S|
|Fada N'gourma||Thu 6:32 PM||419 km||260 miles||226 nm||SE|
|Koutiala||Thu 6:32 PM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||SW|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Thu 6:32 PM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Thu 7:32 PM||497 km||309 miles||269 nm||ESE|
|Sikasso||Thu 6:32 PM||534 km||332 miles||289 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.