Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 19, 2013 at 12:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 19, 2013 at 00:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.09 meters/second, 1569.9 km/hour, 975.5 miles/hour or 847.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.6"||975.31 mi||West||0° 07' 41.9"||8.82 mi||South||975.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 59.8"||744.80 mi||East||3° 22' 49.1"||232.36 mi||South||785.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa Ana||Thu 6:32 PM||11 km||7 miles||6 nm||SSW|
|San Salvador||Thu 6:32 PM||54 km||34 miles||29 nm||SE|
|San Vicente||Thu 6:32 PM||92 km||57 miles||50 nm||ESE|
|Guatemala||Thu 6:32 PM||126 km||78 miles||68 nm||WNW|
|Escuintla||Thu 6:32 PM||140 km||87 miles||76 nm||W|
|San Miguel||Thu 6:32 PM||158 km||98 miles||86 nm||ESE|
|San Pedro Sula||Thu 6:32 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||NE|
|Punta Gorda||Thu 6:32 PM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||NNE|
|Choloma||Thu 6:32 PM||238 km||148 miles||128 nm||NE|
|Quetzaltenango||Thu 6:32 PM||239 km||148 miles||129 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.