Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 4:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 04:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.68 meters/second, 1593.7 km/hour, 990.3 miles/hour or 860.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 16.3"||990.11 mi||West||0° 09' 27.0"||10.82 mi||South||990.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 40.9"||757.91 mi||East||4° 00' 54.5"||275.93 mi||South||810.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:34 PM||2421 km||1504 miles||1307 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 6:34 PM||2550 km||1584 miles||1377 nm||WNW|
|Los Angeles *||Fri 9:34 PM||3275 km||2035 miles||1768 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Fri 6:34 PM||3350 km||2081 miles||1809 nm||SSW|
|San Francisco *||Fri 9:34 PM||3399 km||2112 miles||1835 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 9:34 PM||3435 km||2134 miles||1855 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas *||Fri 9:34 PM||3635 km||2259 miles||1963 nm||NE|
|Phoenix||Fri 9:34 PM||3636 km||2259 miles||1963 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Fri 8:34 PM||3960 km||2461 miles||2138 nm||S|
|Mexico City *||Fri 11:34 PM||4201 km||2610 miles||2268 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.