Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 07:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.24 meters/second, 1570.5 km/hour, 975.8 miles/hour or 848.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 46.3"||975.61 mi||West||0° 09' 55.2"||11.37 mi||South||975.36 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 10.6"||920.92 mi||East||3° 35' 29.5"||246.92 mi||South||946.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Wed 11:58 PM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 2:58 AM||2460 km||1528 miles||1328 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Wed 9:58 PM||2476 km||1538 miles||1337 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 9:58 PM||3604 km||2239 miles||1946 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 9:58 PM||3699 km||2298 miles||1997 nm||WNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 1:58 AM||4334 km||2693 miles||2340 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Wed 8:58 PM||4632 km||2878 miles||2501 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City *||Thu 2:58 AM||4678 km||2907 miles||2526 nm||NE|
|Apia||Thu 8:58 PM||4837 km||3005 miles||2612 nm||W|
|Guatemala||Thu 1:58 AM||5025 km||3123 miles||2714 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.