Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 26, 2013 at 1:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 26, 2013 at 01:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.40 meters/second, 1549.4 km/hour, 962.8 miles/hour or 836.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.05 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.05 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 25.5"||962.51 mi||West||0° 08' 24.9"||9.64 mi||South||962.24 mi|
|24 hours||14° 08' 04.5"||943.22 mi||East||2° 52' 17.4"||197.46 mi||South||956.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Thu 10:58 PM||1173 km||729 miles||633 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Thu 10:58 PM||1271 km||789 miles||686 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Thu 10:58 PM||1802 km||1120 miles||973 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Thu 10:58 PM||1906 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia||Thu 10:58 PM||2245 km||1395 miles||1212 nm||W|
|São Paulo||Thu 10:58 PM||2258 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||WSW|
|Jamestown||Fri 1:58 AM||2278 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||E|
|Belém||Thu 10:58 PM||2816 km||1750 miles||1521 nm||WNW|
|Monrovia||Fri 1:58 AM||2979 km||1851 miles||1609 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Fri 1:58 AM||3032 km||1884 miles||1637 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.