Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 26, 2013 at 7:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 26, 2013 at 07:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.48 meters/second, 1542.5 km/hour, 958.5 miles/hour or 832.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 00.3"||958.21 mi||West||0° 07' 48.4"||8.95 mi||South||957.94 mi|
|24 hours||14° 16' 44.3"||949.05 mi||East||2° 35' 37.1"||178.37 mi||South||959.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 2:58 AM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Thu 11:58 PM||1995 km||1240 miles||1077 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 1:58 AM||3113 km||1934 miles||1681 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Thu 9:58 PM||3844 km||2388 miles||2076 nm||W|
|Lima||Fri 2:58 AM||3956 km||2458 miles||2136 nm||E|
|Quito||Fri 2:58 AM||4221 km||2623 miles||2279 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City *||Fri 2:58 AM||4230 km||2629 miles||2284 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 1:58 AM||4231 km||2629 miles||2284 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 1:58 AM||4242 km||2636 miles||2290 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 1:58 AM||4329 km||2690 miles||2337 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.