Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 29, 2013 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 29, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.98 meters/second, 1504.7 km/hour, 935.0 miles/hour or 812.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.58 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 18.8"||934.71 mi||West||0° 01' 08.9"||1.32 mi||North||934.77 mi|
|24 hours||14° 29' 21.1"||941.24 mi||East||1° 05' 55.8"||75.59 mi||North||947.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Walvis Bay||Mon 3:34 AM||753 km||468 miles||406 nm||ESE|
|Lubango||Mon 3:34 AM||825 km||513 miles||445 nm||NE|
|Windhoek||Mon 3:34 AM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||ESE|
|Luanda||Mon 3:34 AM||1372 km||853 miles||741 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Mon 2:34 AM||1514 km||941 miles||818 nm||WNW|
|Cape Town||Mon 4:34 AM||1850 km||1150 miles||999 nm||SSE|
|Gaborone||Mon 4:34 AM||1919 km||1193 miles||1036 nm||ESE|
|Kinshasa||Mon 3:34 AM||1921 km||1194 miles||1037 nm||NNE|
|Brazzaville||Mon 3:34 AM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||NNE|
|Johannesburg||Mon 4:34 AM||2167 km||1347 miles||1170 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.