Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 11:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.37 meters/second, 1524.1 km/hour, 947.1 miles/hour or 823.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||North||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 58.4"||946.83 mi||West||0° 05' 28.1"||6.27 mi||North||947.09 mi|
|24 hours||13° 40' 32.0"||898.20 mi||East||2° 41' 11.9"||184.75 mi||North||923.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Tue 5:14 AM||1199 km||745 miles||648 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 5:14 AM||2386 km||1482 miles||1288 nm||NE|
|Lima||Tue 6:14 AM||2819 km||1752 miles||1522 nm||E|
|Adamstown||Tue 3:14 AM||2947 km||1831 miles||1591 nm||WSW|
|Quito||Tue 6:14 AM||3299 km||2050 miles||1781 nm||NE|
|Santiago||Tue 7:14 AM||3585 km||2227 miles||1936 nm||SE|
|La Paz||Tue 7:14 AM||3652 km||2269 miles||1972 nm||E|
|San Jose||Tue 5:14 AM||3721 km||2312 miles||2009 nm||NE|
|Managua||Tue 5:14 AM||3811 km||2368 miles||2058 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Tue 5:14 AM||3828 km||2379 miles||2067 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.