Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 5:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 17:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 432.22 meters/second, 1556.0 kilometres/hour, 966.8 miles/hour or 840.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 13.2"||966.67 mi||West||0° 08' 27.7"||9.70 mi||North||967.03 mi|
|24 hours||12° 45' 55.1"||853.79 mi||East||3° 42' 49.3"||255.29 mi||North||897.53 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mata-Utu||Thu 5:14 AM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Thu 6:14 AM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||ENE|
|Apia||Thu 6:14 AM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||ENE|
|Neiafu||Thu 6:14 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Wed 6:14 AM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||E|
|Pangai||Thu 6:14 AM||569 km||353 miles||307 nm||SSE|
|Labasa||Thu 5:14 AM||577 km||359 miles||312 nm||WSW|
|Levuka||Thu 5:14 AM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 6:14 AM||703 km||437 miles||379 nm||S|
|Suva||Thu 5:14 AM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.