Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 11:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 23:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.06 meters/second, 1562.6 km/hour, 971.0 miles/hour or 843.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 40.1"||970.81 mi||West||0° 08' 54.9"||10.21 mi||North||971.18 mi|
|24 hours||12° 35' 44.4"||845.61 mi||East||3° 51' 42.5"||265.45 mi||North||892.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Thu 5:34 AM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||WNW|
|The Settlement||Thu 6:04 AM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||ENE|
|Bandung||Thu 6:04 AM||1127 km||700 miles||609 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Thu 6:04 AM||1131 km||703 miles||611 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Thu 6:04 AM||1148 km||713 miles||620 nm||NNE|
|Palembang||Thu 6:04 AM||1314 km||817 miles||710 nm||NNE|
|Semarang||Thu 6:04 AM||1362 km||846 miles||735 nm||ENE|
|Surakarta||Thu 6:04 AM||1364 km||848 miles||737 nm||ENE|
|Malang||Thu 6:04 AM||1515 km||942 miles||818 nm||ENE|
|Surabaya||Thu 6:04 AM||1563 km||972 miles||844 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.