Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 11:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 23:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.12 meters/second, 1562.8 km/hour, 971.1 miles/hour or 843.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 40.9"||970.93 mi||West||0° 08' 55.6"||10.23 mi||North||971.29 mi|
|24 hours||12° 35' 27.3"||845.38 mi||East||3° 51' 56.9"||265.73 mi||North||892.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Thu 5:44 AM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||NNW|
|The Settlement||Thu 6:14 AM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||ENE|
|Bengkulu||Thu 6:14 AM||1226 km||762 miles||662 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Thu 6:14 AM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Thu 6:14 AM||1329 km||826 miles||718 nm||NE|
|Palembang||Thu 6:14 AM||1435 km||892 miles||775 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Thu 6:14 AM||1755 km||1091 miles||948 nm||ENE|
|Surabaya||Thu 6:14 AM||1799 km||1118 miles||971 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Thu 7:14 AM||1812 km||1126 miles||979 nm||NNE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Thu 7:14 AM||1939 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.