Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 4:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 04:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.61 meters/second, 1568.2 km/hour, 974.4 miles/hour or 846.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 02.3"||974.28 mi||West||0° 09' 15.9"||10.61 mi||North||974.64 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 25.2"||838.92 mi||East||3° 58' 27.4"||273.17 mi||North||888.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ndola||Thu 6:00 AM||31 km||20 miles||17 nm||NW|
|Kitwe||Thu 6:00 AM||77 km||48 miles||42 nm||NW|
|Kabwe||Thu 6:00 AM||142 km||88 miles||77 nm||SSW|
|Lubumbashi||Thu 6:00 AM||223 km||139 miles||120 nm||NW|
|Lusaka||Thu 6:00 AM||251 km||156 miles||135 nm||SSW|
|Chipata||Thu 6:00 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||E|
|Kasama||Thu 6:00 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||NE|
|Lilongwe||Thu 6:00 AM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||E|
|Harare||Thu 6:00 AM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||SSE|
|Chitungwiza||Thu 6:00 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.