Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 10:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 10:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.57 meters/second, 1575.2 km/hour, 978.8 miles/hour or 850.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 30.5"||978.67 mi||West||0° 09' 40.3"||11.08 mi||North||979.03 mi|
|24 hours||12° 17' 05.2"||830.60 mi||East||4° 06' 11.1"||282.01 mi||North||882.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Riberalta||Thu 6:24 AM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||WNW|
|Porto Velho||Thu 6:24 AM||382 km||237 miles||206 nm||N|
|Rio Branco||Thu 6:24 AM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||WNW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Thu 6:24 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||SSE|
|Cobija||Thu 6:24 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||WNW|
|Santa Cruz||Thu 6:24 AM||621 km||386 miles||336 nm||S|
|La Paz||Thu 6:24 AM||666 km||414 miles||359 nm||SW|
|Sucre||Thu 6:24 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||SSW|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Thu 5:24 AM||952 km||591 miles||514 nm||W|
|Manaus||Thu 6:24 AM||1088 km||676 miles||588 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.