Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 437.82 meters/second, 1576.1 kilometres/hour, 979.4 miles/hour or 851.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 34.1"||979.23 mi||West||0° 09' 43.4"||11.14 mi||North||979.59 mi|
|24 hours||12° 15' 47.0"||829.55 mi||East||4° 07' 06.6"||283.06 mi||North||881.84 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Huancayo||Thu 6:14 AM||73 km||45 miles||40 nm||E|
|Lima||Thu 6:14 AM||126 km||78 miles||68 nm||W|
|Callao||Thu 6:14 AM||137 km||85 miles||74 nm||W|
|Ica||Thu 6:14 AM||221 km||138 miles||120 nm||S|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Thu 6:14 AM||384 km||238 miles||207 nm||ESE|
|Trujillo||Thu 6:14 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||NW|
|Arequipa||Thu 6:14 AM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||SE|
|Rio Branco||Thu 7:14 AM||910 km||566 miles||491 nm||ENE|
|Iquitos||Thu 6:14 AM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Thu 7:14 AM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.