Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 1:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 13:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.41 meters/second, 1578.3 km/hour, 980.7 miles/hour or 852.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.34 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 42.7"||980.56 mi||West||0° 09' 50.2"||11.27 mi||North||980.91 mi|
|24 hours||12° 12' 41.9"||827.06 mi||East||4° 09' 14.7"||285.50 mi||North||880.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Thu 7:14 AM||1762 km||1095 miles||952 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 7:14 AM||2066 km||1284 miles||1116 nm||NE|
|Lima||Thu 8:14 AM||3027 km||1881 miles||1634 nm||E|
|Adamstown||Thu 5:14 AM||3041 km||1890 miles||1642 nm||WSW|
|Quito||Thu 8:14 AM||3176 km||1973 miles||1715 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Thu 7:14 AM||3301 km||2051 miles||1782 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 7:14 AM||3314 km||2059 miles||1789 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Thu 7:14 AM||3319 km||2062 miles||1792 nm||NE|
|Managua||Thu 7:14 AM||3346 km||2079 miles||1806 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 7:14 AM||3457 km||2148 miles||1866 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.