Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 4:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.21 meters/second, 1581.2 km/hour, 982.5 miles/hour or 853.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 54.2"||982.37 mi||West||0° 09' 59.5"||11.45 mi||North||982.72 mi|
|24 hours||12° 08' 31.9"||823.69 mi||East||4° 12' 01.4"||288.67 mi||North||877.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 6:30 AM||643 km||399 miles||347 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Thu 6:00 AM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||SW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Thu 6:00 AM||940 km||584 miles||507 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 6:00 AM||1932 km||1201 miles||1043 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:00 AM||2003 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Thu 8:00 AM||2181 km||1355 miles||1178 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Thu 5:00 AM||2820 km||1752 miles||1523 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:00 AM||2889 km||1795 miles||1560 nm||W|
|Apia||Fri 5:00 AM||2933 km||1822 miles||1584 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 5:00 AM||3411 km||2120 miles||1842 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.