Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 4:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 16:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.28 meters/second, 1581.4 km/hour, 982.6 miles/hour or 853.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 55.3"||982.52 mi||West||0° 10' 00.2"||11.46 mi||North||982.87 mi|
|24 hours||12° 08' 11.2"||823.41 mi||East||4° 12' 14.9"||288.93 mi||North||877.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 6:14 AM||709 km||441 miles||383 nm||S|
|Taiohae||Thu 6:44 AM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 6:14 AM||1652 km||1026 miles||892 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:14 AM||1763 km||1096 miles||952 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Thu 8:14 AM||2451 km||1523 miles||1324 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Thu 5:14 AM||2479 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:14 AM||2520 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||W|
|Apia||Fri 5:14 AM||2569 km||1596 miles||1387 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 5:14 AM||3074 km||1910 miles||1660 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 4:14 AM||3367 km||2092 miles||1818 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.