Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 17:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 17:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.62 meters/second, 1582.6 km/hour, 983.4 miles/hour or 854.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.39 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||north||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 00.1"||983.28 mi||west||0° 10' 03.9"||11.53 mi||north||983.62 mi|
|24 hours||12° 06' 26.5"||822.00 mi||east||4° 13' 22.0"||290.21 mi||north||876.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Fri 6:24 AM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||WNW|
|Pago Pago||Thu 6:24 AM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Fri 6:24 AM||754 km||469 miles||407 nm||WSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Fri 6:24 AM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Fri 6:24 AM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 6:24 AM||1008 km||626 miles||544 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 7:24 AM||1279 km||795 miles||690 nm||SSE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 6:24 AM||1527 km||949 miles||825 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 7:24 AM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Fri 5:24 AM||1707 km||1060 miles||921 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.