Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 5:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 17:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.61 meters/second, 1582.6 km/hour, 983.4 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 00.1"||983.26 mi||West||0° 10' 03.9"||11.53 mi||North||983.61 mi|
|24 hours||12° 06' 28.3"||822.02 mi||East||4° 13' 21.0"||290.19 mi||North||876.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Fri 6:24 AM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||WNW|
|Pago Pago||Thu 6:24 AM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Fri 6:24 AM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||WSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Fri 6:24 AM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Fri 6:24 AM||1016 km||631 miles||548 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 6:24 AM||1021 km||635 miles||552 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 7:24 AM||1265 km||786 miles||683 nm||SSE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 6:24 AM||1547 km||961 miles||835 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 7:24 AM||1671 km||1039 miles||902 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Fri 5:24 AM||1736 km||1079 miles||937 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.