Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 10:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 22:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.95 meters/second, 1587.4 km/hour, 986.4 miles/hour or 857.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 19.4"||986.27 mi||West||0° 10' 18.0"||11.80 mi||North||986.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 59' 36.0"||816.43 mi||East||4° 17' 31.8"||294.97 mi||North||872.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Suai||Fri 7:14 AM||112 km||70 miles||61 nm||NNE|
|Kupang||Fri 6:14 AM||136 km||84 miles||73 nm||W|
|Same||Fri 7:14 AM||164 km||102 miles||88 nm||NNE|
|Dili||Fri 7:14 AM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||NNE|
|Baucau||Fri 7:14 AM||266 km||165 miles||143 nm||NE|
|Ende||Fri 6:14 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||WNW|
|Darwin||Fri 7:44 AM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||ESE|
|Raba||Fri 6:14 AM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||WNW|
|Kendari||Fri 6:14 AM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||NNW|
|Ambon||Fri 7:14 AM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.