Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 23:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.18 meters/second, 1588.2 km/hour, 986.9 miles/hour or 857.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 22.7"||986.77 mi||West||0° 10' 20.2"||11.84 mi||North||987.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 27.3"||815.49 mi||East||4° 18' 11.4"||295.72 mi||North||871.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Malang||Fri 6:04 AM||234 km||146 miles||126 nm||N|
|Kediri||Fri 6:04 AM||265 km||165 miles||143 nm||NNW|
|Madiun||Fri 6:04 AM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Fri 6:04 AM||313 km||194 miles||169 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Fri 7:04 AM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||ENE|
|Singaraja||Fri 7:04 AM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||NE|
|Surakarta||Fri 6:04 AM||350 km||217 miles||189 nm||NW|
|Yogyakarta||Fri 6:04 AM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||NW|
|Mataram||Fri 7:04 AM||405 km||251 miles||219 nm||ENE|
|Kudus||Fri 6:04 AM||419 km||260 miles||226 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.