Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 23:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.22 meters/second, 1588.4 km/hour, 987.0 miles/hour or 857.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 23.4"||986.87 mi||West||0° 10' 20.8"||11.85 mi||North||987.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 13.6"||815.31 mi||East||4° 18' 19.2"||295.87 mi||North||871.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yogyakarta||Fri 6:14 AM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Fri 6:14 AM||281 km||175 miles||152 nm||N|
|Madiun||Fri 6:14 AM||299 km||186 miles||162 nm||NNE|
|Kediri||Fri 6:14 AM||310 km||192 miles||167 nm||NE|
|Semarang||Fri 6:14 AM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||N|
|Malang||Fri 6:14 AM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||NE|
|Pekalongan||Fri 6:14 AM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||NNW|
|Kudus||Fri 6:14 AM||363 km||226 miles||196 nm||N|
|Tegal||Fri 6:14 AM||377 km||234 miles||204 nm||NNW|
|Tasikmalaya||Fri 6:14 AM||382 km||237 miles||206 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.