Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 3, 2013 at 4:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 3, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.18 meters/second, 1602.7 km/hour, 995.8 miles/hour or 865.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 22.9"||995.76 mi||West||0° 10' 56.5"||12.53 mi||North||996.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 53.7"||798.44 mi||East||4° 27' 49.1"||306.71 mi||North||858.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 6:30 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 8:00 AM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 6:00 AM||2161 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:00 AM||2905 km||1805 miles||1568 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 6:00 AM||3302 km||2052 miles||1783 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Fri 10:00 AM||3320 km||2063 miles||1793 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Fri 6:00 AM||4170 km||2591 miles||2252 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 5:00 AM||4231 km||2629 miles||2285 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:00 AM||4242 km||2636 miles||2291 nm||W|
|Apia||Sat 5:00 AM||4331 km||2691 miles||2339 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.