Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 3, 2013 at 5:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 3, 2013 at 17:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.43 meters/second, 1603.6 kilometres/hour, 996.4 miles/hour or 865.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 26.6"||996.31 mi||West||0° 10' 58.6"||12.57 mi||North||996.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 36.4"||797.35 mi||East||4° 28' 14.9"||307.20 mi||North||857.21 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 7:14 AM||1186 km||737 miles||641 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:14 AM||1218 km||757 miles||658 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 7:14 AM||1870 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:14 AM||2283 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||W|
|Apia||Sat 6:14 AM||2437 km||1514 miles||1316 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 6:14 AM||2485 km||1544 miles||1342 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Fri 9:14 AM||2973 km||1847 miles||1605 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Fri 5:14 AM||2974 km||1848 miles||1606 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 6:14 AM||3080 km||1914 miles||1663 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 7:14 AM||3215 km||1997 miles||1736 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.