Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 6, 2013 at 3:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 15:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.00 meters/second, 1609.2 km/hour, 999.9 miles/hour or 868.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 12.3"||999.81 mi||West||0° 10' 29.7"||12.02 mi||North||999.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 04.7"||765.83 mi||East||4° 00' 26.4"||275.39 mi||North||810.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Jose||Mon 9:24 AM||773 km||480 miles||417 nm||ENE|
|Masaya||Mon 9:24 AM||775 km||481 miles||418 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 9:24 AM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||S|
|Managua||Mon 9:24 AM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||NNE|
|San Miguel||Mon 9:24 AM||838 km||521 miles||452 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Mon 9:24 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||N|
|Santa Ana||Mon 9:24 AM||873 km||542 miles||471 nm||N|
|Escuintla||Mon 9:24 AM||910 km||566 miles||492 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Mon 9:24 AM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Mon 9:24 AM||942 km||586 miles||509 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.