Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 6, 2013 at 5:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 6, 2013 at 17:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.64 meters/second, 1607.9 km/hour, 999.1 miles/hour or 868.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 12.2"||999.00 mi||West||0° 10' 24.4"||11.92 mi||North||998.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 25.6"||765.61 mi||East||3° 57' 51.5"||272.44 mi||North||809.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hermosillo||Mon 10:48 AM||2889 km||1795 miles||1560 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 10:48 AM||3122 km||1940 miles||1686 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City *||Mon 12:48 PM||3126 km||1942 miles||1688 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Mon 10:48 AM||3259 km||2025 miles||1760 nm||NNE|
|Las Vegas *||Mon 10:48 AM||3424 km||2128 miles||1849 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco *||Mon 10:48 AM||3468 km||2155 miles||1873 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Mon 9:48 AM||3542 km||2201 miles||1912 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:48 AM||3643 km||2263 miles||1967 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 7:48 AM||3805 km||2364 miles||2054 nm||SW|
|Guatemala||Mon 11:48 AM||3854 km||2395 miles||2081 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.